Saturday, September 22, 2012

Hot Mess Lacquers Cupcake

The pictures I took of Hot Mess Lacquers Cupcake were challenging to edit. I struggled to decide between indoor lighting, outdoor, lightbox, etc. because Cupcake's base looks so different in all of these situations. Sure, that can be said of every color ever, but Cupcake is special... because I said so. I think the following pictures show the polish in a well-lit or outdoor lighting situation.



This is three coats of Hot Mess Lacquers Cupcake with one coat Seche Vite top coat.There's some VNL, but I don't mind. This polish is good candidate for layering, so I may just try it and post results later.


Cupcake's base reminds me of photos I've seen of Nars Orgasm blush, except with awesome color-shifting square glitter (orange-green), large silver holographic hexes, gold glitter, and some awesome purple micro glitter (color-shifting, maybe?). 

Here's a cell phone shot to show a pretty neat effect I wasn't able to capture with my point and shoot camera:


Oooh, holographic glitter. Ain't it grand? Check out the macro shot below to see all (or most) of the complexities of Cupcake.



Cupcake applied really smoothly. However, the large holographic glitters were stuck on the sides and bottom of the bottle (usually happens in transit). I simply placed the bottle upside down and after a couple of minutes, I was able to get some holo glitter on the brush (victory!). 

The base color of this polish isn't what I normally reach for, however, the selection of glitter swayed me. This decadent polish is a winner.

Oh! I couldn't fit the mailers in my lightbox all that well, so I just went with the lazy-day-in-bed way to show you the cute packaging of HML!

Hot Mess Lacquers can be purchased on Etsy for $9* and Copious for $10*. HML also has cuticle balm for $4-$9. (I'll review that in a few weeks.)

You can use my referral link to earn $10 to spend on Copious.

*Prices may vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment